miércoles, 22 de septiembre de 2010

Gluten Free Diet and Fibromyalgia

Alot has happened since the last time I blogged. I am going to get back into it now. Last Oct. I lost my husband of liver disease. What a tough thing to go through. I've had lots of family and friends help me through it. Since then I have moved to Nashville TN to be closer to my children. In the meantime I have been diagnosed with Firbromyalgia. I started taking Lyrica and the side effects of this were worse than the symptoms.  A family member had gone gluten free to help control psoriasis and had amazing results. I thought I would try it and see  if it helped me. Oh my gosh! I can't believe the difference. It doesn't cure anything but my headaches have gone and my pain isn't as sever now. If I eat anything with gluten in it I can tell in about 30 min. I start getting a headache and ache worse. I have adapted some of my old favorite recipes to gluten free. They are tried and true. I would like to share them with all of you here in my blog.
There are still good days and bad days as a Fibromyalgia sufferer. On the bad days. I continue to use Nichols Soap N Stuff Inside Out pain rub to get added relief but the Gluten Free Diet is amazing!!!

GLUTEN FREE DATE BREAD

1 cup chopped dates(or raisins)
1 tsp. soda
1 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
 2 cups Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour
3/4 tsp. Bob's Red Mill xanthan Gum(sifted well with flour)
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla
sprinkle soda over dates- then pour hot water over both.  Cool. Cream sugar,
butter, and add egg or egg substitute. Add flour and date mixture.  Add nuts and vanilla.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. 
These make a great Holiday gift to the person that has to eat Gluten Free!
Put a little gift tag  on the bag that says "Happy Gluten Free Eating for the Holidays"

No hay comentarios.: